Friday, April 22, 2011

Mormons Do Celebrate Easter. Day Seven.

Share on Facebook

From www.facebook.com/Mormon

Jesus was taken to the high priest, Caiaphas. His disciple Peter denied he knew Him. Jesus was then questioned by the governor, Pilate, and by King Herod. He was condemned to die on the cross. Jesus was crucified. A rich man named Joseph of Arimathæa laid Jesus in his tomb. Jesus’s mother, Mary, and Mary Magdalene visited the tomb.

I think this day is the hardest of all for me to express my thoughts.  Every year of my life, and as far back as I can remember – my parents used to sit us all down to watch Ben Hur.  And every year of my life, as far back as I can remember, I’ve always had a hard time viewing the scene where Christ is marched through the streets in a crown of thorns, carrying His cross.  The whole scene makes me very emotional – and just picturing it in my head now is bringing uncontrolled tears to my eyes.

It is hard for me to watch.

Why?

The treatment He endured was unkind, and inhuman.  It was cruel and torturous.  No man should have to endure such pain, mockery and humiliation.  It would be hard enough He was just an ordinary man, a common criminal of the day led to his execution (as that is what they did with criminals) but He was no ordinary man.  He was no common criminal.  He is Jesus Christ, son of the Living God, and He is my brother.  And, He did this willingly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment